Thursday, September 19, 2013









Pressure
The temptation of leisure

The aggressor
Cares for nothing but pleasure
Why does one break?
Why does one take?
Is the pressure from a aggressor
Cause you to tempt leisure for pleasure
Why does one break?
Why does one take?
What does it means to break?
Is it a physical exertion of force
That makes you snap and break under the weight?
Or is it psychological which implements
Ones own defeat to morality and his fate
What does this make a man?
Does this makes him a coward
Who is to afraid to make a stand?
Or does this make him gain power?
Ready to take on the world with his hands
Which is true and which is false
A question I ponder everyday
I have been broken
In what way I do not know
What was once a man
Is now nothing but a shell
I used to have expectations
I saw them as dreams
But what started as hesitation
Turned dreams into fire and I just watch
As it burned and the ashes fade away
Every morning I wake
I find myself looking for an excuse
A reason to remain in bed
So I don't tighten the noose that surrounds my life
One may ask if I am depressed
Perhaps, or perhaps not
I may be happy
Grinning as I watch my life passing by
I reach for it but it's like catching sand
Why does one break?
Why does one take?
People get broken
Get lives stolen
But what hurts the worst
Is when they want more
It's not good enough to be down
You need to loose your pride
And they laugh as they take
Laugh at the situation they helped create
They don't care for your sake
Who are they?
They're people and your other side
It's like Jeckle & Hyde
Instead of a formula
My trigger is pressure
Pressure of being the loser
Who everybody knows is nothing
Why does one break?
Why does one take?
That's the question I want answered
I'm a disaster
used to the ridicule of laughter
Am I no different than a slave to his master?
Chained to the limits of my own mind
If I leave before my time
I want to know
What happened to my life?







No comments:

Post a Comment